MDC assisted the Danville Regional Foundation in developing a new regional initiative aimed at improving the economic prosperity of citizens in three counties in southern Virginia and northern North Carolina.
The effort centered on developing a new generation of community leaders who could launch a new initiative, called Middle Border Forward.
With assistance of MDC, Middle Border Forward fellows created an action plan that allowed initiative partners to pursue activities aimed at enhancing growth for all citizens of the region and create an organizational structure that advances its mission.
- Help the community work with a generation of new leaders committed to equitable regional growth
- Provide these leaders with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to help guide a regional initiative
- Develop an effective action plan to allow the regional initiative the opportunity to meet its goals
- Conducted a series of learning sessions for Middle Border Forward fellows, providing information about effective community development practices, and helping fellows engage in thoughtful conversations about their community’s future
- Worked with fellows on a series of community-based projects aimed at testing effective community development and engagement strategies
- Assisted the Danville Regional Foundation in promoting the Middle Border Forward initiative in the wider community, including engaging with a resource panel of current regional leaders
For more information, contact Julie Mooney.