MDC is assisting the Danville Regional Foundation in developing a new regional initiative aimed at improving the economic prosperity of citizens in three counties in southern Virginia and northern North Carolina. The effort centers on developing a new generation of community leaders who will launch a new initiative called “Middle Border Forward.” With the assistance of MDC, the Middle Border Forward fellows will create an action plan that will allow Middle Border Forward to pursue activities aimed at enhancing growth for all citizens of the region and create an organizational structure that advances its mission.
- Help the community work with a generation of new leaders committed to equitable regional growth
- Provide these leaders with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to help guide a regional initiative
- Develop an effective action plan to allow the regional initiative the opportunity to meet its goals
MDC is currently:
- Conducting a series of learning sessions for Middle Border Forward fellows, providing information about effective community development practices, and helping fellows engage in thoughtful conversations about their community’s future
- Working with fellows on a series of community-based projects aimed at testing effective community development and engagement strategies
- Assisting the Danville Regional Foundation in promoting the Middle Border Forward initiative in the wider community, including engaging with a resource panel of current regional leaders